Living In The Eighties

Assalamualaikum w.b.t,

This blog I made as a personal use to keep my memories back in the old good time especially in the 80's when I live in Ipoh. Friends, families and others who are interest and grown in the 80's are welcome to surf on in this site.

The era of the 80's was the most memorable moments of my life. There's happy and sad moment that I could'n forget. It's not because I'm not happy with my life currently. It's different cause that time when we are still kids, didn't have any heavy obligations, just plays, studies, getting fun and live with my loveble families. Besides, I still have my parents which I miss so much.

Here, most of the stories or article are around the 80's that I include a stories and history of that era along with the photo's or video clips. I also include several songs from the 60's and 70's with world wide history.There are also a photo's of my hometown, school's, places, family and friends that are related with me in the 80's.

Besides loving listening to music and watching films, I'm also an active sports person specially in football and badminton. I'm a biggest fan of old time articles or stories whether on event, persons, a legends or whatever related with history.

It's been since 1990 that I left Green Town, Ipoh and working in Kuala Lumpur. I can't imagine that i will live, stay and grown a family here in Kuala Lumpur, the biggest and a capital city in Malaysia. Still, the old fond memories of past days is still in my heart.
Hopefully it's will call our memories in the 80's which so wonderful and awesome.























Friday, May 13, 2016

Piala Thomas 1955 - Malaya Cipta Hatrik

Eddy Choong ( Malaya )
                                       
21 buah negara menyertai pertandingan Piala Thomas 1955 dimulai dengan pusingan kelayakan di setiapa zon. Setiap pusingan dibahagikan kepada empat zon iaitu Asia, Australasia, Eropah dan Pan Amerika. Malaya sebagai juara bertahan terus layak ke pusingan akhir. Negara yang layak ke pusingan akhir ialah Denmark (Eropah,) India (Asia), Amerika Syarikat (Pan Amerika), Australia Australasian) dan Malaya (Juara bertahan )

Keputusan perlawanan pusingan akhir :
India 6 - Amerika Syarikat 3
Denmark 9 - Australia 0

Separuh akhir:
Denmark 6 - India 3

Perlawanan akhir mempertemukan penyandang juara Malaya, yang layak ke final secara automatik, bertemu dengan kuasa besar Eropah, Denmark yang mempunyai pemain muda  berusia 19 tahun yang berkaliber, Finn Kobbero. Malaya masih mengharapkan Wong Peng Soon dan beliau tidak mengecewakan walaupun melepaskan satu set kepada lawannya Finn Kobbero dan Jon Skaarup. Eddy Choong dengan dua gelaran All England yang telah dimiliki membuat penampilan pertama di Piala Thomas dengan mengalahkan Kobbero dan Skaarup secara straight set. Malaya mengekalkan kejuaran Piala Thomas buat kali ketiga berturut turut dengan mengalahkan Denmark 8-1 di pentas final.Malaya berjaya mempertahankan Piala Thomas buat kali ketiga berturut-turut apbila mengalahkan Denmark 8-1 di final.

Bintang Piala Thomas 1955
Eddy Choong ( 1930-2013)
Pencapaian : 2 kali juara Piala Thomas, 4 kali juara single All England

                   Finn Kobbero (1936 -2009)
                   Negara : Denmark
                  Pencapaian : Juara 15 kali All England (7 beregu lelaki dan 8 beregu campuran)

No comments: